PDA

View Full Version : Operation Sytstem Error

Alex55
04-19-2009, 01:57 AM
Hello.

I have the same problem as Blackmack has in this post: http://www.pixeluxentertainment.com/for ... f=12&t=105 (http://www.pixeluxentertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=105) .
The only difference is that i have the full version of Maya and he has the trial.

Please help me... I really wanna try DMM. :(

pluginGuy
04-21-2009, 11:36 PM
Can you describe the OS you are using and the version of Maya? What it the exact message that you are getting? Thanks.

Alex55
04-22-2009, 08:24 AM
I use Maya 2009 unlimited edition ( Not a trial ) and have Windows XP Home Edition (SP2 Included). And the error i get is the exact same as in Blackmacks post (see link in my previous post. Hope someone can help figure the problem out. Thanks

pluginGuy
04-24-2009, 12:28 AM
Are you running 32 bit Windows?
Thanks.

Alex55
04-24-2009, 02:50 AM
Are you running 32 bit Windows?
Thanks. Yes.

pluginGuy
04-28-2009, 01:35 AM
Hello,
Sorry about the difficulties you are encountering. I have to ask a few more questions.
Have you tried to disable the antivirus/firewall during the installation as described in this post (http://pixeluxentertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=81) (at the end)? Did you make sure you run the installer with administrator rights?
Thanks.

Alex55
04-28-2009, 06:35 AM
Hello,
Sorry about the difficulties you are encountering. I have to ask a few more questions.
Have you tried to disable the antivirus/firewall during the installation as described in this post (http://pixeluxentertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=81) (at the end)? Did you make sure you run the installer with administrator rights?
Thanks.

Yes i have read that post many times and did exactly what it said. I really hope you can help solve the problem before the DMM trial runs out :| . Once again thanks for your help.

pluginGuy
05-04-2009, 05:55 AM
Hello,
I'm in contact with the HASP team to help us solve that issue. They should reply shortly. In the meantime, can you tell me if you get the same message than Blackmack when you run the installDrivers.bat? He said he was getting this message:

Operation system not supported.
ErrorCode: 3 0 3989 3

Thanks.

Alex55
05-04-2009, 08:07 AM
Hello,
I'm in contact with the HASP team to help us solve that issue. They should reply shortly. In the meantime, can you tell me if you get the same message than Blackmack when you run the installDrivers.bat? He said he was getting this message:

Operation system not supported.
ErrorCode: 3 0 3989 3

Thanks.

I'm glad to hear that.
And yes i get the exact same message as Blackmack.
I hope they will reply soon and thanks for all.

pluginGuy
05-05-2009, 09:00 AM
Did you received my private email?

Alex55
05-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Did you received my private email?

Yes I'm quite busy right now, but I will check it out as soon as possible. Thanks for you help, this forum may be small but it's extremly helpful :P !

pluginGuy
05-05-2009, 11:54 PM
Can you try the following and let me know if it fixed the issue?

haspdinst -purge
haspdinst -i

haspdinst is usually located in C:\Program Files\Pixelux\DMM Plugin for Maya\License

Thanks.

Alex55
05-06-2009, 04:07 AM
Can you try the following and let me know if it fixed the issue?

haspdinst -purge
haspdinst -i

haspdinst is usually located in C:\Program Files\Pixelux\DMM Plugin for Maya\License

Thanks.

I don't really understand.. What do you want me to do? Haspdisnt seems to be a program.. Do you want me to write that or... Sorry my "stupidness" but please explain

pluginGuy
05-07-2009, 11:48 PM
Here are more details:

1) Open the Command Prompt (either select that program in Start/All Programs/Accessories or press Windows+R and enter cmd)
2) Type in
haspdinst -purge and hit enter
3) When HASP is done, type in
haspdinst -i and hit enter

Hope that helps!

Alex55
05-09-2009, 09:07 AM
Here are more details:

1) Open the Command Prompt (either select that program in Start/All Programs/Accessories or press Windows+R and enter cmd)
2) Type in [quote]haspdinst -purge and hit enter
haspdinst -i and hit enter

Hope that helps![/quote:et7ks1gl]

Sadly that does not work either :( .. When i type in "haspdinst -purge" and press enter it says something like: haspdinst was not recognised as command, program or batchfile... And the same thing happens with "haspdinst -i"... Btw i have sent a 'error report thing' to the mail you said. Hope you figure something new out..

David
05-10-2009, 02:47 AM
As Zilhk said you've to go in the folder where "haspdint" is before typing the commands. It's usually located in : "C:\Program Files\Pixelux\DMM Plugin for Maya\License". If DMM is installed in another directory just replace the "C:\Program Files..." by the correct path.

So :
2) Type the drive letter where DMM was installed (if it's located in C:\ you don't have to do this but let's say it's in E:\Program Files\...) :

E:

and press Enter

3) Navigate to the Licence folder

cd "Program Files\Pixelux\DMM Plugin for Maya\License"

and press Enter

and now try the commands

2) Type in
[quote:3nx22gqe]
haspdinst -purge

and hit enter

haspdinst -i

and hit enter

Hope that helps!
[/quote:3nx22gqe]

Alex55
05-10-2009, 06:17 AM
As Zilhk said you've to go in the folder where "haspdint" is before typing the commands. It's usually located in : "C:\Program Files\Pixelux\DMM Plugin for Maya\License". If DMM is installed in another directory just replace the "C:\Program Files..." by the correct path.

So :
2) Type the drive letter where DMM was installed (if it's located in C:\ you don't have to do this but let's say it's in E:\Program Files\...) :
[quote]
E:

and press Enter

3) Navigate to the Licence folder

cd "Program Files\Pixelux\DMM Plugin for Maya\License"

and press Enter

and now try the commands

2) Type in
[quote:av2idn3k]
haspdinst -purge

and hit enter

haspdinst -i

and hit enter

Hope that helps!
[/quote:av2idn3k][/quote:av2idn3k]
If it's not too inconvenient could you please post a screenshot of how your cmd looks when you have wrote all these commands. I'm still a little unsure. Thanks.

pluginGuy
05-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Thanks David for your help. We have posted a complete description of the procedure with screen shots here (http://www.pixelux.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=81&p=565#p565). The next version of the plugin will include a batch file that take cares of that, so it won't be necessary to type all those commands manually.

Alex55
05-11-2009, 02:32 AM
Thanks David for your help. We have posted a complete description of the procedure with screen shots here. The next version of the plugin will include a batch file that take cares of that, so it won't be necessary to type all those commands manually.

Okay, so i did the exact thing as on the screenshots and it worked pretty well untill: when i type "Haspdinst -purge" it says something like: 'previous version detected. Use -fremove switch.'
So i typed haspdinst -fremove, but then it just opened the haspdinst file. I then typed "haspdinst -i" and I get the usually error (Operation System not supported error code : "Some numbers" (see first post)). I think that this is maybe just a small error which i hope is easy to fix. If not, I guess I can just wait for the new version of DMM Plugin. Thank you. :)

jamcruise
11-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Command Prompt ( Start/All Programs/Accessories or press Windows+R and enter cmd) > Type where DMM was installed (C:\ you don't have to do this but let's say it's in E:\Program Files\...) > Navigate to the Licence folder > Enter.