Thread: how could i decrease the number of tetrahedrons of the input model?

Talking how could i decrease the number of tetrahedrons of the input model?

Hello, every body, i'm a newer here. I wanna "create dmm object from polymesh" and it has some parameters that i can control just like below:
    QQ截图20131228162015.png
    It has height, magnitude ,x, y ,z, but i dont know how to adjust them to decrease the number of tetrahedrons that i produce.
    So could anybody help me ? thank you very much!

You should change the "Area" attribute. We set it to a large number purposely to keep the number of initial tets low. Start dropping it below 1 and see the result. A detailed explanation of what all the settings do is in the "Creating DMM Objects from Polymeshs" help section of the DMM User's Guide. You can access the User's guide by going to the "DMM Help" section of the menu after switching the main menu bar to DMM.

-Vik

Wow, thank you for your quick reply, and i have tested the parameters. I have founded i can decrease the number of tets by increasing magnitude and height.
    Quote Originally Posted by vik View Post
    You should change the "Area" attribute. We set it to a large number purposely to keep the number of initial tets low. Start dropping it below 1 and see the result. A detailed explanation of what all the settings do is in the "Creating DMM Objects from Polymeshs" help section of the DMM User's Guide. You can access the User's guide by going to the "DMM Help" section of the menu after switching the main menu bar to DMM.

-Vik

I find with DMM to polymesh the simpler the mesh to begin with the more control one has.
    To decrease the amount of tets generated you can also set the quality to a low number. A setting of 1 will produce the bare minimum for that area but also depends on the geo, try making a cube with no divisions and one with a bunch. plug the same numbers in and you'll see what im talking about. Simple geo also helps with tet stretching for wood etc. Tight polys return the same tet stretch but within the poly boundary (so less overall) while more open geo returns longer stretches.
    good luck
    Last edited by mandark1011; 12-29-2013 at 10:16 PM.