Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: DMM in Maya 2014

  1. #11
    The plugin is in Autodesk's hands and they are reviewing it. So it's up to them now.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by vik View Post
    We are working on getting the current plugin built for Maya 2014.

    I will keep you updated on the progress.

    A couple of things:
    - The first revision will not have any of the features requested, but we will work on adding some of those things in a subsequent release.
    - There will be bugfixes to the toolchain.

    We do appreciate your suggestions.

    -Vik
    Mr.Vik with utmost respect to you sir,Dont you think so we users have a right to know the release of DMM 2014 .Dont you think so why is it such a difficult to embed old version to be re-compiled with 2014 versions.Dont you think so it would be better to provide user , if according to you to provide upgraded features in later releases.Sir We needs to know because I dont know but the lack of official responses is making all of us indeed frustrating.I on the behalf of all the users request you to pls provide us with a rough info no matter how long you take but still it is necessary to make us calm on this subject.

  3. #13
    The issue is more complex than you have stated. We are doing our best to get you the update as soon as we can.

    -Vik

  4. #14

    DMM Tet Count Limits

    Hi Mr Vk,

    I just saw today this new article on website and quite eager to know Is it working with exisiting DMM free versions:THe Tet count limit has raised from 2500 to 5000 tet counts.
    "A limited version of DMM for Maya 2012 and 2013 is available directly from Autodesk. Links below:

    DMM Plugin for Maya 2012

    DMM Plugin for Maya 2013

    To upgrade to the unlimited version, you can purchase a license using the Paypal option on the left.

    The difference between the limited and unlimited versions is in the number of tetrahedra you can simulate. In the limited version, you are limited to 5000 tetrahedra. In the unlimited version, there is no limit."

    Let me know from when we we will be starting with this new scheme.

  5. #15

    Error on site

    Apologies for that. The limit remains 2500.

    Quote Originally Posted by mayaguru View Post
    Hi Mr Vk,

    I just saw today this new article on website and quite eager to know Is it working with exisiting DMM free versions:THe Tet count limit has raised from 2500 to 5000 tet counts.
    "A limited version of DMM for Maya 2012 and 2013 is available directly from Autodesk. Links below:

    DMM Plugin for Maya 2012

    DMM Plugin for Maya 2013

    To upgrade to the unlimited version, you can purchase a license using the Paypal option on the left.

    The difference between the limited and unlimited versions is in the number of tetrahedra you can simulate. In the limited version, you are limited to 5000 tetrahedra. In the unlimited version, there is no limit."

    Let me know from when we we will be starting with this new scheme.

  6. #16

    DMM Education and Non-commercial Version

    Vik its My request to you pls immediately have DMM for education and non-commercial use also.The DMM is restricted to only 2500 tet count which is not a very freedom to work.There must be some way-outs or anything for Teachers and Beta testers or Educational Institute.Its not easy or so quick to invest in license purchasing something must be easy and accessible for Instructors like Me.


    Likewise Rayfire guys have educational Version of their Software .Why cant we can keep?


    You must think in that aspect also ,I believe so it helps in broader learning and more approaches to DMM .

    Looking to hear from you ??????

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by mayaguru View Post
    Vik its My request to you pls immediately have DMM for education and non-commercial use also.The DMM is restricted to only 2500 tet count which is not a very freedom to work.There must be some way-outs or anything for Teachers and Beta testers or Educational Institute.Its not easy or so quick to invest in license purchasing something must be easy and accessible for Instructors like Me.


    Likewise Rayfire guys have educational Version of their Software .Why cant we can keep?


    You must think in that aspect also ,I believe so it helps in broader learning and more approaches to DMM .

    Looking to hear from you ??????
    Do you expect anyone to understand what you even mean? With annoying, unprofessional complains like that I can see why they are not motivated to communicate with their users.
    It's a small company so you cant expect them to spend a lot of effort informing you, especially as you seem to have no intention of even buying their software.

    DMM team: Hope you can sort out the issues and get this released soon! Thanks

  8. #18
    We understand your frustration with the Maya 2014 build. We have the build completed and are testing it. We have also been working very hard on a DMM product that we think all of you will really like. I can't say much more about it until it is announced, but we think it will be a game-changer and it will address mayaguru's questions.

    I just wanted to say that we are working really hard on many fronts. Even though you might not see progress on one, that doesn't mean nothing is happening.

    -Vik

  9. #19
    Good News Everyone!

    We have completed our testing of DMM for Maya 2014 and are sending it off to Autodesk for packaging and final integration today. We will be posting an update shortly.

    Best Regards,
    Vik

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by vik View Post
    Good News Everyone!

    We have completed our testing of DMM for Maya 2014 and are sending it off to Autodesk for packaging and final integration today. We will be posting an update shortly.

    Best Regards,
    Vik
    Thats great cant w8 to see the New monster of Destruction.Hope it will rock with this version and shut down its competitor .

    Thanks vik .

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •