Thread: Re-assigning the inner and outer shader after alembic caching

Re-assigning the inner and outer shader after alembic caching

Short and simple. Is there a way to assign an inner and outer shader when you import an alembic cache of a DMM simulation.

Just to be clear, I am not talking about how to do this in the DMM scene itself which is well documented.

Thanks

I actually had to do this this morning.

If you have 'Show internal faces' turned off, you can select the entire mesh and apply one shader, and then go to your last frame and invert that selection, giving you your internal faces (which you then put another shader on).

Its a bit of a fudge, but its worked so far.

Quote Originally Posted by mpccommercial View Post

If you have 'Show internal faces' turned off, you can select the entire mesh and apply one shader, and then go to your last frame and invert that selection, giving you your internal faces (which you then put another shader on).

so simple but works!

Quote Originally Posted by mpccommercial View Post

Thanks, Ill pitch this to the guys here as a way around this. Thanks again.

This is exactly what I'm looking for but I can't seem to find "Show internal faces" Not sure where I should be looking to disable this.

by default it is disabled. It can be found in the DMMObject tab of the AE in 2014 and lower right at the top in Maya 2015 right at the bottom
    Last edited by mandark1011; 09-17-2014 at 09:03 AM.