Thread: Article: Dmm And Maya Particles ( Emitting Maya Particles From Dmm Object )

Article: Dmm And Maya Particles ( Emitting Maya Particles From Dmm Object )

I think this is meant as a joke! Eagerly awaiting the real tutorial.......still.....

no offense at your effort Alsh3lan very decent of you to put together not one but two tutorials...sometimes i talk with my emotions and dont think about other peoples efforts. I still say that Pixelux should spend some time developing and implementing the python script that creates DMM emitters etc..this should be a part of the plugin and work better than from chaotic uvs that are overlapping.
    Last edited by mandark1011; 02-17-2012 at 04:27 PM. Reason: I was being needlessly rude to Alsh3lan

DMM and Maya Particles Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by mandark1011 View Post
    I think this is meant as a joke! Eagerly awaiting the real tutorial.......still.....
    I think you are being needlessly rude. This guy obviously spent a lot of time working on this tutorial and posted it for everyone. He assigned a texture to the inner faces and then used that to emit particles. It is a perfectly reasonable approach.

-Admin

Agreed my apologies..I expected a scripted solution as Ive been banging my head up against the wall for months on this. Low tech solution will work until i can figure something else out.

One can also do the same with maya fluids so when he bursts the pipe...voila....steam!
    and with the way you can animate a texture mapping it to the density channel on the fluid emitter you can come out with a pretty darn good effect

if u want to emit nparticles from DMM object just select the outputSurfaceShape from the DMM object that u create then choose Emit from Object

new tutorial
    Emitting Maya Fluid From Dmm Object
    http://www.pixelux.com/forums/showth...rom-Dmm-Object

I recently tried to map density emission from fluids but it didn't work as I had hoped...

oh well, better luck next time!! I'll see if I can't explore another way to emit in certain places.

Hi frescalus

try to learn from this file density emission

http://www.mediafire.com/?lj7mi96ll1omrdj

1- object uv
    2- ramp = black & white
    2- density emission map = ramp1