Thread: Baking Animation?

Baking Animation?

There is anyway to render DMM without having to have the plugin in other computer just baking the animation so I can render in other machines? Im trying to use Vray for Maya ...but I do not have a license for the other machines? I already did what you guys proposed in CGtalk about the geometry cache but it doesnt work 100% ... as is mentioned in the same thread ... any other way?

Thank You

Baking Animation

Hi,

There are a couple of solutions:

1) You can save the DMM cache from a full version of our plugin and load it in the free version that ships with Maya 2012. The plugin permits playback of high tet scenes without limitation so you can use that for rendering.

2) You can purchase the Network Render license (which is considerably less than our full version) from our online store for machines that do not have any plugins on them (i.e. versions of Maya prior to 2012).

Saving to the geometry cache is fine if you don't have any fracture. Unfortunately the way the Maya geometry cache works does not permit geometry to suddenly appear, so that's why you get the exterior faces only.

Hope that helps.

-Vik

Quote Originally Posted by vik View Post
    Hi,

There are a couple of solutions:

Unfortunately the way the Maya geometry cache works does not permit geometry to suddenly appear, so that's why you get the exterior faces only.

Hope that helps.

-Vik
    Sorry but this plugin for Maya not interesting

this is what makes this plug in not production friendly, had I known this was the case, having to pay for a license to put on the farm, I would have not opted for this plug in...

baking to geo cache should be a feature that comes standard in DMM