Thread: New Tutorials available for download

New Tutorials available for download

The great tutorials Wayne Hollingsworth did for us are now downloadable from our site. Both movie files and Maya files are available for immediate download here:

Columns Tutorial

Road Destruction Tutorial

Phonebooth Destruction Tutorial

In addition, to address the issues people have been having with our standard tutorials, we have re-posted them compressed with tar and gzip here.

Please post any issues you might have with them.

Best Regards,
    Vik

Quote Originally Posted by vik View Post
    The great tutorials Wayne Hollingsworth did for us are now downloadable from our site. Both movie files and Maya files are available for immediate download here:

Columns Tutorial

Road Destruction Tutorial

Phonebooth Destruction Tutorial

In addition, to address the issues people have been having with our standard tutorials, we have re-posted them compressed with tar and gzip here.

Please post any issues you might have with them.

Best Regards,
    Vik

Which codec do i need to download to view the .avi's? I get the audio but I cannot view the video.

thanks for all the help on this, im excited to dig into DMM deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by nourneme View Post
    Which codec do i need to download to view the .avi's? I get the audio but I cannot view the video.

thanks for all the help on this, im excited to dig into DMM deeper.
    Found the answer, to anyone else looking, the codec is called TSCC and can be downloaded free here: http://www.techsmith.com/codecs.asp

Vik, you are awesome!

thanks for the new videos!

I can't play the videos even though I downloaded the TSCC codec? Seems like the files doesn't have an extension, how do you play the videos?

the extracted files dont have any extensions what am i doing wrong here cant play em like that

I'm having the same problem - no one able to help?

I think the best thing may be for us to post the articles to YouTube or Vimeo and make them available that way. I'll see what we can do about that this week. One issue is that the tutorials are multiple movies and that's the way they are shown on the Autodesk AREA site as well. There may be a way to organize them on YouTube so that they make sense though.

That sounds cool Are they all on autodesk area? I found the road and pillar destruction but not the phonebooth.