Thread: different size for shattered pieces

different size for shattered pieces

Hi there,

i canīt find the settings to change the size for the shattered pieces.
    Is there a solution for this? Is it possible to change the size randomly?

greets
    janshao

Re: different size for shattered pieces

Hi Janshao,

Not sure what you mean by the size. You can select all the pieces in any frame and resize them as a standard attribute.

Can you provide a little more detail?

Thanks,
    dmmjedi

hi,

i will do my best to explain it more detailed. i hope my english is good enough for this

With the help of "Denity: Area" Settings i have the possibility to change the fracture amount.
    But all fractured pieces of the mesh looks equal. There is no difference between structure and size.
    If i wanna break a wall for example, then i get big and small stone pieces.

So what iam looking for is to get parts with different sizes or maybe a higher fracture resolution for my mesh.

Or is it possible to define areas from my mesh which are fractured in more pieces then other areas

Thanks, that is a good explanation, your english is fine

Fracture into different sized pieces is determined entirely by stress and tessellation. Adjusting the different materials properties will allow you to tune that. If you want even more specific control, I would suggest you add density regions. These are discussed in the documentation, and are available in the latest DMM distribution in Maya 2012. I believe we added them to the other versions as well. With density regions you can increase the tessellation (potential fracture divisions) within an object. When using density regions, you may have to fiddle with the density attribute, increasing it by powers of 10 until you see some results is not uncommon. Also, turn on the cage geometry to see the divisions on bare DMM objects, for some reason, Maya doesn't display the retesselated internal faces (works fine on DMM objects with user-created surface meshs).

-dmmjedi

Oh yeah....thx for your help.

I used the wrong manual. i have downloaded the manual from this support site, but this manual does not matches with the manual coming within maya.
    So i canīt found any help especially for the density region

Which version of DMM/Maya are you using? I am not sure that density region support is in all versions. I do know for a fact that it is in the Maya 2012 build of the plugin.