Thread: Texturing before Fracture

Texturing before Fracture

ok, so this is pretty much my last little hurdle for this project I'm using DMM for.
    I'm trying to bring down a wall using DMM and a splinter cage. Just a cube for testing right now.
    Before applying DMM, I textured the front face and used a uv projection for the side faces, so when
    it cracks you see granite and not the front face texture.
    Problem is, when applying DMM, the front texture stays in place, but it kills my side projections.
    So I'm not super clear on the steps to set up a simple texture and fracture it afterwards.

Thanks

Re: Texturing before Fracture

It sounds like you are displaying the non-simulated input surface mesh when you should be displaying the Output Surface Mesh. Look at your DMM asset manager and make sure you are only displaying the Output Surface Mesh.

Would love to see your animation when you finish.

haha yeah, were using a character modelg to bring down a web page. which will be the wall. And this I think is perfect for DMM. Ok about the texturing, I'am displaying Output mesh, I just think I'm not doing something correct when creating the object. My steps are as follows
    create geometry, simple wall for test.
    create DMM object from polymesh - so when I assign that, the side face textures go away and it becomes just one texture. I went
    into the UV editor, and it seems to kill the UV and create a new one from the tris.
    So that is where I'am at the moment. I did try and use a bare DMM object, but you cannot use a splinter cage on that, or at least
    not that I know of.

THanks again for all the hard work on this thing. Can't wait to really understand it.

edit ( oh nevermind, I figured it out. There are a few more options for dislplay settings in the assets manager that I didn't see.
    So you cannot actually select any faces on the actual dmm object, just the source mesh. Makes sense now.

Glad to hear you were able to solve that problem.

Thanks for the compliments!

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy71 View Post
    edit ( oh nevermind, I figured it out. There are a few more options for dislplay settings in the assets manager that I didn't see.
    So you cannot actually select any faces on the actual dmm object, just the source mesh. Makes sense now.
    Hi there!

I am having a similar issue with selecting and applying a second texture to the inside faces of my dmm object. I saw your edit and went into the asset manager like you said and tried selecting every separate node of the mesh, selecting a single face, applying a different texture than the outer, and refreshing surfaces with no luck.

I read in another post that someone was able to get it to work if they applied the second texture before deleting history on the initial mesh. Is that what I am doing wrong....or should I be able to apply a new texture to the inner faces at any time?

Thanks!

I hope this will help everyone..in solving DMM texturing problem..