Thread: DMM on ATI cards

DMM on ATI cards

Hello for all, DMM will be compatible with ATI cards yes? Will be possible to run DMM with games that already exists or it is impossible (just few games)?
    Bye! I am waiting for the download of DMM Physics Engine :P.

PS: I create a post yesterday, but now it is deleted I think, please reply, I am very anxious about DMM Physics Engine

Re: DMM on ATI cards

As far as I know DMM uses OpenCL which means it can be accelerated by ATI cards.
    By running DMM with games that already exist you mean putting DMM in any existing game? That's basically impossible (with a few exceptions). When the game is created the developers have to put DMM in it or it won't be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Wonko
    As far as I know DMM uses OpenCL which means it can be accelerated by ATI cards.
    By running DMM with games that already exist you mean putting DMM in any existing game? That's basically impossible (with a few exceptions). When the game is created the developers have to put DMM in it or it won't be there.
    Thanks for answer. I have another doubt, its true that DMM isn't free? If it is true, its possible in the future to be free like PhysX? NVIDIA already has it's advantagens, if DMM isn't free, ATI doesn't have a free system of physics :/.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos93
    Thanks for answer. I have another doubt, its true that DMM isn't free? If it is true, its possible in the future to be free like PhysX? NVIDIA already has it's advantagens, if DMM isn't free, ATI doesn't have a free system of physics :/.
    It isn't free at the moment. They're working on a slightly limited free version though. Should be released sometime this year.

It isn't free at the moment. They're working on a slightly limited free version though. Should be released sometime this year.
    But this limited free version will be like PhysX ya? It will be possible to run physics in games yes? Or it only will be a demonstration?

But this limited free version will be like PhysX ya? It will be possible to run physics in games yes? Or it only will be a demonstration?
    Will be like PhysX. Though you can only have a limited amount of active objects at the same time. They say it should be enough for mostly anything though.