Thread: Can not Activate downloaded DMM 1.1.5

Can not Activate downloaded DMM 1.1.5

Hello,

We already have a licensed version of the DMM plugin for Maya and want to try this new release.
    I downloaded the version sent by the email link you sent to me and installed it.

I am getting this error after the shelf loads up;

Failed to retrieve license
    Please Check you internet connection
    Error code is: -100 (failed to contact server or error on server)

The firewall is off and there are no issues with the browsers getting to the web either through the proxy or without the proxy.

Now the original version that was working does not work as this install overwrote it I presume so we are stuck at the moment.
    The code for the previous version does not work either. Just thought I would try anyway.

When we contacted you about the last time we installed this and a similar issue occurred, you solved by sending us the key.
    Please let us know how to proceeed

Regards

Rene

Re: Can not Activate downloaded DMM 1.1.5

Hi renekuys,
    I'm sorry to hear you have trouble activating the plugin. I've just run a test and didn't got any problem.
    It seems from your explanations that you are trying to retrieve an evaluation license, is this correct? If you have already bought a license, you only need to copy and paste your license code in the license utility and click OK.
    Please let me know if that helps. Thanks!
    Getting the plugin ready!

We have a license code for DMM plugin ver 1.0.5 which has been working great.

We want to try this new version 1.1.5 but the license code we have for ver 1.0.5 does not work. Should it work?
    It comes back with the error mentioned in my previous post.

I downloaded the evaluation version and tried that as well but it still comes up with the error message in the previous post.

The Windows firewall is off and antivirus is off.

When we contacted you about installing the previous version back on Jan 09 a similar thing was happening and you gave us a different solution.

I'm just not sure what your license actication is trying to do network wise and there not much more information to give. It simply will not activate.

Thanks for your reply and your help.

Rene

The code you sent is working.
    Thanks for all your help!!