Thread: No More News?

No More News?

How come we don't get that much news?

Qore was very nice, but I want to see more videos of DMM in action. I want to hear how Game Makers are using it, or what games are coming with DMM. Or have people talk about it in GDC 2009, SIGGRAPH, and E3. OR even a Developer Diary.

But after Force Unleashed.... nothing.

What's going on? this is bigger then PhysX and Havok, and yet, no news.

Sony licensed more then 24 publishers for Playstation Home, and we yet to hear anything for DMM.

I hope I don't have to wait as much as Havok; It took 6 years for physics to come to games since they opened in 1998, and it would be really painful to have to wait 6 more.

Thank you.

Re: No More News?

Ya hes Right

Itīs nothing unnormal here... nobody of the team will ever visit this forum again....
    Maybe in 60 years^^

Well, isn't that just sad.... Thank you for replying anyways, Spartan_344 and WarStorm.

But if pixelux doesn't do anything soon, Havok Destruction is going to best them.

It is true that there has not been as much news as we would like. Hopefully, you all saw the IGN "Future Tech" story and animation. We worked hard to get that completed and placed.

As for other games, there are a number of developers that are actively developing projects with DMM. We are talking with many others as well. News is something we can post once these deals are done, marketing windows are hit and there are things to show. At this point, I can say that the lack of news is actually indicative of a lot of activity rather than nothing happening.

There are some interesting developments I can mention though:
    - We have new engines we have gotten DMM ported to, announcements are forthcoming. You will hear something about these next week at GDC.
    - We have games in production that are using DMM within their play mechanics. There are some articles that are being written about these as well.
    - Our sandbox is being cleaned up for public use. Releasing something with a new technology like DMM requires some refinement, we want to make sure the sandbox is useful to everyone, looks great and is fun. It is not on hold, but we have so many projects that I'm afraid it is not getting as much attention as we would like. We will release it, but refinements have to be made prior to that.
    - There are classes being taught with DMM and special effects guys who are using DMM for movie shots who are giving us great feedback. The really impressive stuff is, unfortunately, secret and not sharable due to NDAs that vfx companies sign with their customers.

We are also building the site up to be more dynamic. With the plugin out there, we now have updates and assets we will post to allow people to be more productive with it.

- dmmjedi

Thanks for the update dmmjedi!

Yes!!! thank you so much... that means alot to us =)