Thread: Feature has Expired

Feature has Expired

Hello and thanks to DMM creators. At first, sorry for my english - it's not my native language.

I have an issue with installing DMM beta plugin. I downloaded it for free here, and, as I understand, I can use it for an unlimited time period. But after installation I can't launch plugin.

When I turn on "Loaded" near DmmPlugin.py, my computer thinks for a little and then "Hasp SRM Protection system" window appears, where "Feature has Expired (H0041)" is written.

If I launch directly dmm_cinematic.mll or dmm_release.mll, it says the same.

Anyway, if then I try to use any DMM feature (for example, dmmCreatePrimitive from the shelf) - I have this in my script editor: "# RuntimeError: Unknown object type: DMMScene".

Here are my system details:
    Windows - xp sp2
    Processor - x86 (32 bit) single-core
    Antivirus - Avira AntiVir Personal (free)
    Maya - 2008 sp1 (regular, not PLE)
    DMM Shelf was successfully created

Re: Feature has Expired

Hi Lex-BY,

The DMM Plugin you downloaded is an evaluation version. We allow everyone to try out a fully functional version for a month before purchasing a license. The message you see is the copy protection feature preventing the plug-in from working.

Purchasing a license will allow you to continue using the plug-in as well as get updates to the current version as we enhance it and provide bug-fixes.

Best Regards,
    dmmjedi

Thanks for answer.
    But you better add this info in beta-plugin download page. Because there is only "Try plugin" and nothing more. I thought, that this is functionally limited beta for an unlimited time period. This is desinformation .

I'll think about purchasing it in future. Because I downloaded it "just for fun". And, since I thought, that I've got a lot of time for testing and using - I even didn't try it, while test period is expired (as I know now).

Thanks for your suggestion. The site has been changed to reflect that the plug-in is available for a 30 day evaluation period prior to purchasing.