Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!

Help!

Hey this might sound a bit dumb ... but i've just bought maya 8.5 and i've installed the DMM plug in but i'm not sure how to get to the DMM menu, cant find what tab it is.
    So could some please dirrect me to where it is ? (if possible send picture to camskool@hotmail.com circling what button it is )

Thanks

Re: Help!

I think that you forgot to load the plugin :

1. Open Maya
    2. Open the Maya's Plugin Editor (in the Maya's menu : Window/"Settings/Preferences"/"Plug-in Manager")
    3. Select the Load and AutoLoad checkboxes in Maya's Plugin Editor for the "DmmPlugin.py" file (located at the end of the list)
    4. Wait a little for the plugin to first initialize
    5. Close the Plugin Editor
    Then you'll have a new shelf with DMM commands and a new DMM entry in the Menu Selector listbox, you can't miss them

Have fun

Okay, Thank-you so much mate .

Hahaha well now that you bought 7,000$ worth of programs im expecting you to put some AWSOME vidoes up in the forum gallery

Yeah i would post video's if i could figure out how to work it :P. I'm stil stuck at turtorial 1 >.< where it says : Select DMM Asset / Create DMM Object Primitive / Sphere or , on step 5. Where is DMM asset? i can find DMM assets manager but not just assets. IF somone could dirrect me i would be highly greatfull .

Soz 2 waste ur time yet again, i'm new to maya. Thanks

In the top left of the Maya GUI, there's a listbox called the "Menu Selector" (with "Animation", "Polygons", "Surface" ... in it). Select DMM in this list and then you'll have a "DMM Assets" menu entry in the menu bar.

Maybe it would be easier to start with the Maya Tutorials before the DMM ones or you will be stuck again soon

Here's a picture of the Maya menu once you selected the DMM menu set. Hope it helps!
    Attached Images Attached Images

WOW doesd dmm have hair and fur ???

The hair and fur tabs are the ones from Maya Unlimited edition, they're not related to DMM

Oh ok