Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandbox Like Program of DMM

Re: Sandbox Like Program of DMM

Quote Originally Posted by dmmNOW
    We will give out a first version of a basic viewer pretty soon, hopefully by the end of this week. It will be free but donations are accepted of course
    Thanks for keeping us updated.

Hey Guys, the DMM sandbox is still being worked on. We want to make sure it is easy to use and play with before we post it.

We will post updates as we can.

Quote Originally Posted by dmmjedi
    Hey Guys, the DMM sandbox is still being worked on. We want to make sure it is easy to use and play with before we post it.

Will it have a drag feature and do you have to download the DMM library for it to work?

Quote Originally Posted by dmmjedi

Ok THANKS You guys are Awsome

Can you estimate a realese date for the veiwer... I just want somthing to look forward to

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan_344
    Can you estimate a realese date for the veiwer... I just want somthing to look forward to
    they said by the end of the week, just calm down and wait...

Quote Originally Posted by macattack
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan_344
    they said by the end of the week, just calm down and wait...
    ya i know but they said that last week im sorry im just boared right now

Ok, I actually I take it back. It won't be ready at the end of the week. We want to release something nice, not just a green and white viewer so it's needs some more work!
    To answer macattack: it will have a grab feature so you can grab the table other there and smash it against a wall
    Trying to DMMize my C++ compiler

Wow, I'm looking forward to this!
    I presume this extra time is put into making the sandbox/viewer-thingy a bit more game-like and enjoyable with textures and stuff.

But I'm wondering about some stuff.
    What load does DMM put on the CPU compared to pure solids?
    Does it get more laggy once you break something, or is all pieces rendered at all times?
    And will it be powered by PhysX or have multi-core support?

Osnabruck, Germany (But I prefer talking in english, german is a horrible language)

Quote Originally Posted by Dawlight
    Wow, I'm looking forward to this!
    I presume this extra time is put into making the sandbox/viewer-thingy a bit more game-like and enjoyable with textures and stuff.

But I'm wondering about some stuff.
    What load does DMM put on the CPU compared to pure solids?
    Does it get more laggy once you break something, or is all pieces rendered at all times?
    And will it be powered by PhysX or have multi-core support?
    Pure solides are one object - one velocity (well actually two - positional and rotational ;P) that needs to be calculated - and collisions just affect this whole object.
    DMM splits components up into a grid like mesh where every single vertex (point in the mesh) got it's own velocity. Those vertices are connected by springs which allows the whole object to bend, fracture et cetera.
    This obviously needs way more calcuations than simple rigid body dynamics.
    Oh and I won't think DMM will make use of PhysX (Even though being able to combinate both would be quite cool - Simulating rigid bodies with dmm is quite heavy)
    As our friends from Pixelux spend quite much time writing their own solvers and converting the whole thing to another solver would be quite senseless now.
    As for the multi-core support - isn't it already multithreaded? It however pushes my dual core machine to a steady 100% cpu usage.