PDA

View Full Version : can i link an maya object (locator) to the dmm object? (link,parentConst or ...)

pfc.designer
12-07-2012, 02:17 AM
hi.
please answer me men.
can i link an maya object (locator) to the dmm object? (link,parentConst or ...)
when i use dmm objects as active rigidbody pivot of dmm object is not match on it.
i want link an object to it that move with it.
tnx.

vik
12-09-2012, 08:45 PM
You can parent a DMM object to a locator, however you will have to have to key the DMM object to "passive" if you want to move it kinematically. You can also parent only verts on the object if you key them passive, but that requires you untemplate the driven DMM mesh and select the vertices. Be sure to set them to passive before keying them as well.

-Vik

pfc.designer
12-27-2012, 11:27 AM
tnx.
but i mean that when a DMM object is in active mode.it move my locator and i use position of that locator.

ok?

mandark1011
04-05-2013, 01:57 PM
you can easy "rivet" something to an alembic cache of a dmm object as long as your Uvs are ok. Use Duncan Brimsmeads parent to surface script on Autodesk site to create a follicle that welds objects to others...

my workflow is to unwrap before turning into dmm and move those uvs 10 units to left or right...after Alembic move them back then you can rivet.

good luck