PDA

View Full Version : How do i make a dmm object stay still!

zombiedance
11-15-2009, 08:35 AM
i have found everything out so far basically by my self but i cant find out how to make and object stay still. help

zombiedance
11-15-2009, 02:19 PM
actually how do you place splinters???

Etienne
11-18-2009, 01:28 AM
Hello Zombiedance,

to make a DMM object "stay still", you should turn it into a passive object. To do so, either enable the option in the prepMesh modifier interface (i.e. after you created the object), or at creating time by checking the associated option.

Another way of doing this is to embed the object in a passive region box.

regarding the splinter placement, you should place them around the mesh to be splintered. Please note that in order to attach a splinter, the surface mesh must be first attached to a DMM object (either using the "same surface mesh" option when creating the object, or the "attach surface mesh button" later on).

All the above is best explained in the DMM doc located in the "Doc" folder located where you installed the plugin (default is "Program Files\Pixelux\DMM Plugin for Max").

Best regards,

Etienne

zombiedance
11-18-2009, 06:31 PM
i read that but still i dont really under stand it i got everything else but that when i place a splinter it comes up as an object and looks all weird also what do splinters really do?

Etienne
11-19-2009, 02:11 AM
Hey ,

well, splinters only give the guidelines for clipping an object according to specific requirements. for example a brick wall. In general, anything that requires specific fracture locations.

Splinters must be watertight, and each cell of fracture must also be so.

The new version of the plugin (which will be release very soon) has 2D splinters, which are (to my opinion) easier to deal with than 3D splinters.

Best,

Etienne