PDA

View Full Version : 70k Tet Cylinder

AquaGeneral
02-10-2009, 03:46 AM
A little test I did worked out very well. The total render time was only 5hrs. Which is actually very fast for the complexity.

I spent about 10-20 minuites waiting for the tet generation.

C&C Welcome, bear in mind I am very early into learning Maya.

David
02-10-2009, 06:50 AM
Wow very nice ! I love the result ! I suppose you rendered it in "dmm cinematic" mode ?

Spartan_344
02-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Holy CRAP how did you get it to look that nice... that was AWSOME keep the videos coming...
how long did it take to render that???

David
02-10-2009, 12:28 PM
He said that it took 5 hours ;) Not surprising for a 70k tet mesh (I can't even imagine the polycount :lol: )

Spartan_344
02-10-2009, 12:43 PM
He said that it took 5 hours ;) Not surprising for a 70k tet mesh (I can't even imagine the polycount :lol: )
lol i probebly should have read what he said before posting... how do you get it to render like that?

AquaGeneral
02-10-2009, 01:32 PM
To be honest I don't even know where to go to change between the two different modes.

I basically used the exact settings in this tutorial, though I did not make the texture and I did not change the enviroment colour. Here (http://www.game-artist.net/forums/spotlight-articles/1317-tutorial-ambient-occlusion-maya-alchemist101.html) is the tutorial I used.

kahverengim
07-14-2009, 05:37 AM
After the first impact the cylinder stays in some shape, but after the second it fractures to the small pieces.
Is there any trick or it just happened? I would have expected some big pieces to stay un harmed:)

AquaGeneral
07-16-2009, 03:50 PM
It actually turned out like that unexpectedly. I tried to get this to the rendering stages as quickly as possible since I was going to be away from the computer for a few hours. It took me a few attempts to finally render this one, the mesh generation took about half an hour. I probably could have tried lowering the polygons on the cylinder however, low and very high poly objects behave differently.

The simulation began to take roughly 2-3 minutes per frame, so previewing it in the viewport wasn't a great idea either. So basically, I couldn't find the patience to play around with the material settings to make it more like a real life material.

govindk
01-14-2012, 12:53 AM
beautiful AG

xukca
03-18-2013, 04:03 AM
dont know why, but it seems there is a problem with the download - it gets the first 977kb, then stops and the mp4 file cannot be opened. Is this issue only happening to me? :/