PDA

View Full Version : Licensing question

zebeste
02-05-2009, 10:49 AM
I understand the pricing scheme for the engine, but I can't seem to find any specific license terms. Basically, the big question I have is does the purchase apply to just one game, or can it be applied to multiple games? I'm a hobbyist game programmer, and would like to use DMM, but I generally just make several small incomplete games for fun with little to no intention to sell. Thanks

Spartan_344
02-05-2009, 12:02 PM
ooo... i want to see some of the games youve made using dmm if and when you make them...

dmmjedi
02-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Hi Zebeste,

The purchase applies per game. If you made 3 games with DMM, you would have to pay at a minimum $500 per game. There are also rules for any money made from selling the game. There can be the case where someone makes a game with DMM, gives it away on a website for free and collects advertising revenue from the website by virtue of the free game being available. In such a case, a royalty for DMM would be due based on the ad revenue.

Hope this helps.
dmmjedi

Spartan_344
02-06-2009, 11:48 AM
sounds expencive... does the same apply for animated shorts and other stuff like that?

dmmjedi
02-09-2009, 04:18 PM
You are free to use the DMM Plug-In to create any animations and there is no royalty on distributing those. Its just if you include the real-time library with a game or application.

Spartan_344
02-09-2009, 06:04 PM
You are free to use the DMM Plug-In to create any animations and there is no royalty on distributing those. Its just if you include the real-time library with a game or application.
oh cool thats awsome btw... hows the veiwer going